By admin | June 11, 2014
Pocket Gamer Connects is only a week away, hitting the mean streets of Helsinki on the 16-17 June and we’re aboslutely looking forward to it. With hundreds of industry leading guests, dozens of industry leading speakers and some conference fun to enjoy, we believe that it’s going to be a great and productive mobile gaming conference. But just in case you need to convince yourself why you need to go to Helsinki, here are eight reasons for you to join Pocket Gamer Connects Helsinki.
1. Two informative talk tracks to discover – The ‘East meets West’ global publishing track will tackle the challenges of monetizing, marketing and succeeding in mobile games across the world, while Pocket Gamer’s ‘Indie Rock Stars’ track will help you to understand how indies succeed, thrive and survive in the mobile marketing landscape.
2. Industry leading speakers to hear from – Dozens of leading industry names will be speaking at PG Connects including Illka Paanenen, Benjamin Cousins, Johannes Vuorinen, Tommy Palm, Heikki Repo, Nikola Cavic, Wilhelm Taht, Daniel Hasselberg, Charles Cecil and Vladimir Funtikov. It’s an all star cast and PG Connect is delighted to have them along.
3. Meet the leading mobile gaming companies – Representatives of 99 Games, 360, Agnitio Capital, AppLift, ARM, Betmilk, Chukong, CJ Entertainment, Critical Force Entertainment, Electronic Arts, Game Founders, GMGC, Goo, HasOffers, Innogiant, Marmalade, Nitro Games, NVidia, PlayRaven, Rising Star Games, Seriously, Small Giant Games, Space Ape Games, Supercell, TabTale, Tivola, Traplight, TribalFlame, Owlchemy Games, Zupcat and many more will be at the conference – a great way to boost your contacts list!
4. Unique fringe talks – The first day of unconference networking (which’ll focus on everything from psychology to tool demonstrations), Pecha Kucha talks and history of mobile gaming from the Finnish perspective will offer refreshing approaches and content not seen at other conferences.
5. Excellent exhibition areas – With dozens of stalls to walk through in our pavilion and the dedicated I Love Indie Showcase showing off the brightest indie developers in the world, the exhibition area will be an excellent place to meet the brightest lights of the industry as well as showing off your wares.
6. Ample networking opportunities – The dedicated meeting system and extensive space for private meetings will make PG Connects a serious place to meet and do business.
7. Meet leading journalists – Leading journalists from Pocket Gamer, Pocket Gamer Biz, AppSpy and other leading mobile gaming publications will be available for face to face interviews, making this a great time to get your game up in lights.
8. Superb events to attend – Alongside the conference, Pocket Gamer will be hosting a cavalacade of Pocket Gamer Events including the Very Big Indie Pitch, a very special pocket Gamer quiz, a Pocket Gamer party and an exclusive VIP dinner.
Convinced? You can buy your tickets for PG Connects by following the link here and get in on the fun.